Mound Visits, 4/12/18
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”
1. REJOICE! (take your mind off your problem and on the One who can help)
2. Be GENTLE. (ranting and raving never helps). Our attitude is tremendously important.
3. God is NEAR. God IS near.
4. Don’t be anxious…instead, pray…be THANKFUL that we have a God who loves us and wants to hear about our challenges…He can and will help.
5. ASK. He knows our problems and our needs, but He wants to hear from us in faith.
6. PEACE…this is what we receive when we rejoice, exude gentleness, know that God is near, when we are thankful, and then, when we ask.
Many times I forget 1, 2 and 4! When I remember them, the peace comes.