Mound Visits, 9/2/20
“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
A few things I’ve learned about valleys in a Bible Study I’m involved in:
- We all walk through valleys. Everyone is either in a valley, about to enter a valley or you’ve just come out of a valley.
- You may feel alone in the valley, but you are not alone. God is with you. (Matthew 28:20)
- David talked of “walking” not sitting or pitching a tent and having a pity party. Keep walking with God.
- Valleys have an entrance and an exit. You can’t see the exit when you enter the valley. Keep walking.
- The Valley is dark but it is temporary.
- The soil in the valley is rich, giving us the best opportunity to grow.
- There are no bad exits from the valley. You either exit stronger or with Jesus for eternity.
- You can be comforted while in the valley. Dig deeper in to Gods Word and trust that He is walking with you.