Mound Visits, 10/20/16
“With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers this should not be.” (James 3:9,10)
The following advice from Max Lucado should be tattooed on my brain:
- Never say anything about someone that you wouldn’t say to his face.
- Never say anything about someone unless he is there to respond.
- Refuse to listen to someone else’s gossip.
- Initiate positive statements about people whom you are discussing.
- Remember, “the tongue…is a fire” (James 3:6)