Mound Visits, 12/31/22
Happy New Year!
I have collected some Bible verses and thoughts that may help me to be a better employee, friend, father, son, brother, and husband this year and for years to come. Hopefully one or more will help you, as well, to be all that God created us to be.
- “Do to others as you would have them do to you.” (Luke 6:31)
- Work hard, be patient. Overnight success usually takes about 15 years.
- Pray for wisdom. God promised that He would give wisdom if we ask!
- Freely compliment other people. Call them by name. People listen when you call their name.
- Apologize to those you have hurt, even if you didn’t mean to hurt them. A small splinter under the skin can cause a large boil if left to time.
- If you are a leader, make sure that you believe in those who work hard, exude integrity and contribute both tangible and intangible resources to your team or organization. Let them know that you believe in them. Believing in someone can radically change their life for the better.
- Don’t try to “keep up with the Jones.’” The Jones’ are simply a distraction that will slow the progress of who God wants you to be.
- Keep your promises.
- Be the ultimate “team player.” Help others, encourage them, and celebrate with them when they have success. “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but consider others better than yourselves.” (Philippians 2:3)
- Never waste an opportunity to tell those very close to you that you love them.