Mound Visits, 1/2/17
The most contented person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.
My keys for contentment:
1. Focus more on others and less on myself.
2. Be thankful. (Faith, family, food, friends, freedom, clean water, shelter, clothing and health…that’s just a start)
3. Let go of past disappointments and failures and trust that God has forgiven
me. (When God forgives me but I don’t forgive myself, then I’m placing myself above Him.)
4. Turn away from things that will damage my relationship with God, family and friends.
5. Spend more time alone with Christ, the Prince of Peace, the One who forgives and the One who loves me unconditionally (read His Word, pray and be still before Him).
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:4-7)