Mound Visits, 5/18/18
Compared to eternity, our time on earth is brief. The time we have in our relationships with others is even more brief.
In 1 Peter 4:7-11, we are given specific encouragement on how to take advantage of the time and gifts God has given us:
1. Be clear minded and self-controlled so that we can pray.
2. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sin.
3. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
4. Use the gifts you have received to serve others.
5. Speak as one speaking the very words of God.
6. Serve, using God’s strength to help you serve.
7. Do all things in a way that gives God praise.
I see Peter encouraging us to give our best effort in all areas of our life, but ABOVE ALL, love each other deeply…