Mound Visits, 9/7/18
Confrontation is inevitable in our lives. It raises its stressful head both at work and at home. I will admit, I haven’t always been at my best during confrontation (especially with umpires-LOL), but if you see an issue looming, experience has taught me these principles:
1. Pray. Ask God for wisdom (James 1:5) and the right attitude.
2. Don’t procrastinate. As Barney Fife used to say, “Nip it. Nip it in the bud.”
3. Start the conversation on a positive note. Create peace instead of tension.
4. Articulate the problem.
5. Ask for a response.
7. Try to understand the other person’s position.
8. Explain why the particular action is detrimental and share the desired action.
9. Finish the conversation on a positive note…perhaps let the person know what strengths you see in them.
10. Put the issue behind you. “Nip it.”
“…God has called us to live in peace.”
(1 Corinthians 7:15b)